We welcome visitors with disabilities and those bringing pushchairs. If you need help with access, or have any questions, please let us know.
The British Council is located on the ground floor of a residential building.
- Salem bus stop is 350m away.
- Viktoriaplatz tram stop is 600m away.
The nearest car drop-off point is outside the main entrance.
You can order an accessible taxi from BETAX.
The British Council does not have a car park.
- The nearest public car parks are at Kursaal Bern (800m away) and Expo Parking (1.3km away). Both have adjacent tram stops for tram no. 9, which will take you to Viktoriaplatz (see above). Parking fees can be found on their websites.
What to expect when you arrive
Step-free access to the British Council is provided via the main entrance. The main door is accessible to wheelchair and pushchair users, however there is a small step of 40mm to the main door, and a mat inside which is worn down and not easily crossed with a wheelchair.
You can see a photo of the main entrance above.
- The width of the main entrance door is 92cm.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
Inside the building
The British Council is on one level, but the doors to the exam room and the bathroom are narrow (0.77m) and may not be accessible to visitors using wheelchairs.
There is no accessible toilet in this building. The nearest accessible toilet is at the Salem hospital, 500m away