The British Council in Switzerland offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online.
When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||CHF 369||Book now|
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||CHF 388||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||CHF 252*||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||CHF 189**||Book now
* From 7 April 2020, the fee for IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training) will be CHF 414
** From 7 April 2020, the fee for IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) will be CHF 192
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have your passport or national ID card (we accept ID cards for Swiss or EU citizens only) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply the Minor Candidate Consent Form signed by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer.Bank Account Name and address: British Council Switzerland, 3013 Bern
IBAN: CH02 0483 5026 2603 5100 0, SWIFT/BIC: CRESCHZZ30A. In the Reference section of your payment please write your 15-digit reference number and your name.
- Once you have made the payment, please keep the payment receipt in case there are any issues with the transaction.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation.
Your Speaking test will be scheduled on the same day as the other sections.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.