Booking your IELTS test couldn’t be easier – view your IELTS test dates, enter your information and book your IELTS test online. Our test centre staff are expert and friendly. They are there to help you – just ask!
How to register for IELTS?
You can book your test online. IELTS tests are available in Bern, Zürich, Geneva and St. Gallen.
Find all IELTS Test Dates 2013 offered in Switzerland. Please note that test places are assigned on a first come first served basis, so please book early to guarantee a test place.
Remember to check which version of IELTS you need before booking! IELTS comes in two versions – IELTS Academic and IELTS General.
Also check the requirements of your chosen organisation or institution by searching on ‘Who accepts IELTS?‘.
If you plan to emigrate, contact the relevant immigration authority to find out which version of IELTS you need, and the score required.
Register for the IELTS test
- Go to our Online Registration System. Select your preferred date, location and module on the ‘Find Test Date’. If your preferred date does not show up, then there are no more places available on that date. Enter your personal details.
- Send all required documentation by e-mail no later than five working days after submitting the online application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required documentation includes:
- One passport sized colour photograph with white background, no older than six months. Candidates should not wear glasses on the photos and should have a neutral expression.
- A clear, readable colour scan of your identification document (valid international passport or National ID), the same you indicated on the application form. The document has to be valid on the test day. Please note that candidates registering outside of their own country have to register with a valid international passport.
- A copy of your proof of payment of the test fee (ebanking print out or post office receipt). We do NOT accept cash or credit card payments.
Please name the files in the following manner:
- surname / first name / test date / test venue / ID number / photo
- surname / first name / test date / test venue / ID number / ID copy
- surname / first name / test date / test venue / ID number / proof of payment
You will receive the final email of confirmation when we have received your documentation in full.
In order to confirm your registration we need to receive your payment (CHF 335) and documentation no later than 5 working days after registering for the test (click here for payment details). Please note that you can make the payment by ebanking or at the post office, unfortunately we cannot accept credit card payments. Please write the following on your payment: IELTS, Your Name, date of your exam (for example: IELTS, Hans Gerber, 14/08/10 – replace Hans Gerber and the date with your name and your test date).
If you are not able to register online, please call +41 31 301 49 35 or email us.
Please note that we will send out test confirmation and details regarding the test day ONLY by email.
We can accept applications after the registration deadline (one weeks before the test date) only if we still have places available. If the test date is full it will not be visible in the Online Registration System. Once your application has been submitted, you cannot go back to change your details.
You will receive the exact address of your test venue and further test day information by e-mail approximately 7 days before your test date.
Please note: as an added measure to enhance IELTS test security, all participants will be required to have their photograph taken by IELTS administrative staff on their test day. Please make sure that you review the instructions supplied to you after you have booked your test.
IELTS terms and conditions
Make sure you read the IELTS test terms and conditions when you register for the test. Please note that you can only finalise your application when you accept our terms and conditions.The terms and conditions contain important information, including details of test day arrangements:
- What you can take into the test
- The rules you must follow
- Test security
- What you can expect from the results process
- How we use your information
IELTS has been designed to be a fair test. Your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability that you may have.
We make every effort to cater for special needs candidates. You will need to provide a medical certificate issued within the last two years of when you book your test.
What sort of help can I get?
If you have a visual impairment, we can provide enlarged print and braille test papers or an amanuensis to write answers on a braille word-processor.
If you have hearing difficulties, we can arrange special amplification equipment or a lip-reading version of the listening module.
If you have learning difficulties, for example dyslexia, we can arrange a word processor, voice-activated software or extra time for the reading and writing tests.
Whatever your needs, please contact us to discuss them as soon as possible. Your request must be supported by original medical documentation not older than two years and with a diagnosis written in English or Latin. It can take up to three months for us to put special arrangements in place. For more detailed information on Special Needs provision and requirements, please take a look at our Special Needs page.
Refunds / transfers
For cancellations up to five weeks before the test date, you will receive a refund of the test fee minus an administrative fee. If an original medical certificate confirming illness on the date of the test is provided within five working days of the test date, the test fee minus an administrative fee is refundable or we can transfer you to another date. The medical certificate needs to have a diagnosis written in English or Latin. Requests for a transfer of the test date are accepted up to five weeks before the test date. Requests after that date will be treated as a cancellation of the test and no fee will be refunded. If you would like to know how to proceed with requesting a refund or to transfer to a different date, please download information about our refund and cancellation policy.
IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations.