- How can I find an accredited English language school?
- I want to study in the UK. How can I find the right course?
- Where can I find general information on living and studying in the UK?
- How does the British Education system work?
- Where can I find a list of all accredited UK universities?
- How do I apply to UCAS?
- Overseas fees or home fees?
- Where can I receive information about scholarships?
- What is the equivalent of my degree in the UK?
- What is the equivalent of my degree in Switzerland?
- Where can I find information on independent/boarding schools in the UK?
- How can I find a job in the UK?
- Where can I get information on visa and entry requirements?
You will find details on accreditation schemes such as the British Council’s here. ‘Learn English in the UK’ might also be of interest to you, as well as further UK schools which are accredited by the British Council.
I want to study in the UK. How can I find the right course
On the webpage of educationuk you will be able to search for specific courses in the UK.
Where can I find general information on living and studying in the UK?
Have a look at UKCISA – the webpage of the UK Council for International Student Affairs.
How does the British Education system work?
You can find a description of all the different degrees and courses on www.educationuk.org under ‘study in the UK’ and ‘types of courses’
Where can I find a list of all accredited UK universities?
You can find a list of all UK universities on:http://www.dcsfnk.gov.uk/recognisedukdegrees
How do I apply to UCAS?
You will find the electronic application on the UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) webpage.
Overseas fees or home fees?
For information on the fees status in the UK for Swiss nationals please contact UKCISA or call their helpline +44 20 7107 9922
Where can I receive information about scholarships?
We very much regret that the British Council no longer administers any scholarships in Switzerland. For further information, we would suggest you search on http://www.educationuk.org/scholarships
The Berrow Foundation offers generous scholarships for Swiss graduates of Berne, Fribourg, Geneva, Lausanne and Neuchâtel Universities as well as EPFL to study at Oxford as members of Lincoln College. In addition, the Berrow Foundation offers medical scholarships for Swiss graduates of any Swiss university.
What is the equivalent of my degree in the UK?
Usually, employers or educational institutions decide themselves whether they accept a certain degree or not. If they ask for a letter of comparability, however, you might want to contact UK NARIC (National Academic Recognition Information Centre)
What is the equivalent of my degree in Switzerland?
Please contact the Swiss branch of the European Network of National Information Centres on Academic Recognition and Mobility (ENIC)
Where can I find information on independent/boarding schools in the UK?
The British Council Switzerland can only provide you with information on education in the UK and can unfortunately not assist you with information on work. However, for young people the following websites might be useful:
- The British Council’s International Experience website
- WorldWide Volunteering
- For Au Pair jobs click here
Please contact the British Consulate in Geneva.